Sunday, January 19, 2014

Awards Season

January usually heralds the start of the awards season in Hollywood. I was able to watch Golden Globes and I'm now watching the SAG Awards. I watch them not to find out who won (well, I do want to know who won but that's secondary) but for the skits, jokes and musical numbers. So far, my favorite hosts are Neil Patrick Harris and the tandem of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

I like Neil Patrick Harris' performances for the Tony Awards. I think he has hosted it multiple times.  Here's a clip of his latest Tony Awards song and dance number.




As for Amy and Tina, I just saw them host last year at the Globes. They took over the acerbic Rick Gervais. I find them funnier than him. They also hosted this year's Globes although I like last year's monologue better which is featured in the clip below.



Of course, the awards season culminates with the Oscars on March 2. I think Ellen DeGeneres is hosting this year. Now, I can't wait to see how that will turn out.

No comments: