Saturday, January 04, 2014

Losing Weight

This has been my perennial struggle. Every year, I would wonder how I will finally lose all the poundage that I gained the past 15 years or so of working. I know I did it once but thinking of going through that torture again makes me weak.

I love food. I mean, the way for me to enjoy a new city or country is if I love the food. I loved NYC and Cebu because of the food that we consumed. I derive pleasure when something sweet or delicious touches my tongue. It maybe mental but it has always been this way for me for the past 30 or so years. Depriving myself makes me grouchy and short-tempered.

But if I am to have another child in the next two years and be more healthy, I have to lose all these weight. The first week is always the hardest so good luck to me.

I started off my limiting myself to one rice a day--meaning I either eat rice breakfast, lunch or dinner. So far on the fourth day of the year, I've been successful. I hope to maintain this streak for the rest of the year.

Probably in a month, I'll be cutting down on fried foods. I don't know why I'm babying myself like this when cold turkey always works for me. I've also taken to parking a long ways from the office so the walk will do me good. I just don't relish the feeling of sweat when I get to the office. I should think of wearing something else and just change when I get to my place of work.

And then I will cut the sweets. That will be the hardest but it's something that I have to do.

No comments: