Sunday, January 05, 2014

Cold Turkey

Not exactly cold turkey.

We had lunch at TGIFriday's earlier. When we eat there, I usually have Chicken Quesadilla or any of their pasta or burgers. But today, I ate what my health-conscious husband ate which was salad and soup. I conceded by getting their Cheese and Broccoli soup and shared a Caesar's salad with him. I also ordered the Chicken Fingers kids meal which was a smaller serving.

After lunch, we walked around a bit while I shopped for birthday gifts for my staff. I could feel myself getting woozy but struggled on. When we passed by the grocery, I was so shaky that my grip on the shopping cart caused it to wobble. My husband ordered me to sit down while he paid for the groceries.

I'm trying to figure out what's causing the nausea and dizziness. It could probably be that my body is adjusting to the lack of carbs and sweets. It happened to me before when I did Atkin's. My rice intake decreased a lot as I've been sticking to my one-rice-a-day resolution for the past five days. I'm also taking Metformin HCl for my polycystic ovaries and that's making my stomach churn since this morning.

I have a very long way to go. Hopefully my body will adjust to this soon.

No comments: