Monday, January 06, 2014

Playful

Nothing too profound.

I just realized that my son is growing up fast and he's quite a playful child.

In his early years, he was initially diagnosed with speech delay. We took some preventive maintenance steps and exposed him to more children. He was already going to Kindermusik and playschool at the age of 2. Eventually, he learned how to talk and he can now converse clearly and maturely. Not surprising as he's the only child in the house and he mostly spends his time with his grandfather.

This evening when I was spending time with him, he proclaimed that he's putting me in jail because he's a policeman. I couldn't help but laugh because he's finally playacting. His previous teachers said that that was one thing that he lacked. I'm glad that his imagination is now working overtime and he makes me laugh with his antics.

He's also quite social and "bibo". The other day while we were at my sister-in-law's house, he commandeered the microphone of the videoke machine. He sang Rey Valera songs one after the other with aplomb. After that, he greeted everyone Happy New Year and acted like he was the host!

Right now, I'm trying to teach him how to play hide and seek. Whenever I look for him, he would immediately come out. One day, I'm sure he's going to get it.

No comments: